Wednesday, August 4, 2010

BACK IN OHIO

Hello Friends of the Blogging world! I may not be very consistant, but I do think to write once in awhile.

Ohio is green, wet, humid, hot and very beautiful. I think I am beginning to rust from the moisture, as my joints seem to be creaking lately. The good part is that I don't need to use moinsurizer much out here. My skin loves it, my sweat glands do not. And missioanries have to be fully armored in dress and senior sisters don't always seem to be able to wear the cutsie, shorter sleeves to keep cool like the thin younger ones do. I always have to layer myself in order to try to hide a few buldges, bumps and splotches. I am not fooling anyone I am sure, but I keep trying. It was so very hot this morning, I thought, "Oh, who cares anyway" and put on a shorter sleeved blouse to wear. Well, I suppose the only one who cares is little-ol-me, and I just couldn't do it. I have to cover up those grandma wings, RS muslces, bat wings, floppy jobbers or whatever they are called. I am not sending that picture because I did not take one, nor would you want to see it if I had.

The little towns out where we are surrounding Kirtland and closer to John Johnson home in Hiram, are old and quaint and set back in time. Speed limits are slow on the state highways and no one seems to be in a big hurry. These twonships were in exsistance in the early 1800 and so show signs of wear and weariness, but are very charming. We love driving through them and have fallen in love with many spots and think if we had family out here, we might even like living here. Elder Orton finds a new home every few days that he will "Buy" when we are finished out here. There are some rare and old beauties.

Maybe I will spend enough time one of these days to figure out how to send a picture so you can see how far back in time we are. The Amish people live close by and we took some wonderful pictures of a farmer on his reaping machine pulled by large Belgeon horses and then of two men going along in the fields stacking those piles of wheat into shocks. The children run barefoot and are healthy and tan, the women work ever so hard along with the men. Their farms are immaculate, clean and beautiful. We buy produce from some of them.

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't wait to see in person what you have described. Although I am sure it will ruin me for the desert west.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Annette, how fun that you have a blog! I just found you via Andrea's blog and I am excited to read about your adventures there in Ohio! I can't wait to see pictures. You make it sound so lovely! Lots of love! Anna

    ReplyDelete